To measure for the harness, use a soft measuring tape (or a piece of string) and measure all the way around the LARGEST part of your dog’s chest. Choose the SMALLEST size that fits within that measurement. So, for example, if your dog has a 28" chest, we recommend the size Medium for the best fit.
Large 1” Harness: 26" – 32"
Medium 1” Harness: 22" - 28"
Small 5/8" Harness: 18" - 24"
- Take the time to adjust the harness properly. Make sure the side straps are of equal length—check by holding the harness up by the back strap, dangling the side straps to see if they match. If not, adjust them to be even. This is a good video that will show you how to make these adjustments.
- When attaching the side buckles, pull them out and away from the dog’s body or place your hand behind the hook of the buckle, and then snap in place. This will prevent pinching the dog’s skin or for fur to be caught in the snap buckle.
- Make sure the chest d-ring is facing out and not towards the dog’s body.
- When introducing your dog to the freedom harness, make sure it is pleasurable and fun, so treat liberally with each step of the fitting!
- Do not leave the harness on a dog if a dog is crated, especially puppies who might chew on it.
- Do not use the d-rings of the harness for attaching dog tags, always use a d-ring of a collar for that purpose.